This one day course is predominantly intended for practical workers who need to enter spaces which are substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment.
All delegates should be physically fit as an entry exercise will be carried out.
- What is a confined space and what are the hazards
- Legal requirements
- Top man/Standby man responsibilities
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Equipment required to enter a confined space
- The purpose and use of gas detection equipment and escape breathing equipment
- The use of ropes and safety harnesses
- The purpose and use of tripods and man riding winches
- Personal protective equipment and hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- Suspension trauma practical exercise
- Course review and assessments
- Safety harness training and fire fighting equipment
- Basic life support
COST OF THIS COURSE – £75 per person
Discounts may be available for group bookings. Please contact us for further information.