This 1/2 day course is aimed at workers who could disturb asbestos during their normal work.
They will be able to recognise materials that contain asbestos and to know what to do if they do find these materials.
- The properties of asbestos and its health effects including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke.
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos in buildings and plant.
- General procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example, the uncontrolled release of asbestos in the workplace.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos and questions to ask before work starts.
- The development in the use of asbestos over time.
- An overview of safe working procedures
- A small bit on legislation
- A summary of asbestos management requirements and survey types.
Discounts may be available for group bookings. Please contact us for further information.